Become certified to operate boilers!
This class is the Education Substitution Course per Seattle Boiler License Law, as indicated in section 6.240.180B. With this course, students will be qualified to take the exam for Boiler Fireman Grade 4 with the City of Seattle (upon successful completion). Holders of Grade 4 will qualify with this course for Grade 3.
Seattle Boiler Operator Grade 4 80-Hour Course :
This course includes:
- 80 hours of instruction with Lilly Tellefson the instructor of Georgetown Tech, an excellent boiler operator and instructor, will be presenting this course in partnership with Verify Training
- Drawings similar to the City of Seattle drawings used in the official exam
- Textbook included: Low-Pressure Boilers 5th Edition © 2019 ISBN: 978-0-8269-4372-9 Author(s): Frederick M. Steingress, Daryl R. Walker (454 pages, 250 illustrations, hardcover) A retail value of $119
- Textbook included: High-Pressure Boilers, 6th Edition © 2019 ISBN: 978-0-8269-4331-6 Author(s): Frederick M. Steingress, Harold J. Frost, Daryl R. Walker (392 pages, 294 illustrations, softcover) A retail value of $150
- Covering all boiler systems (draft, water, steam, fuel), boiler safety, drawing reading, operation tasks and procedures, common problems with boilers, boiler operator license law, exam–procedure and process, and more!
This class meets on (10) Saturdays for 8-hour sessions (skips holiday weekends–see calendar for details) and prepares students for operating boilers in Seattle. This course covers materials found in the Seattle Boiler License Exam Grade 4. The Seattle Boiler Operator License is a requirement for those operating hot water boilers and steam boilers within the City (per requirements of the Seattle Boiler Code.)